Protecting the interests of water, wastewater and electricity users in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi (whether they are domestic, commercial or industrial customers) is one of the important duties of the Regulation and Supervision Bureau (under Law No (2) of 1998, as amended).
The Bureau aims to fulfil this duty by monitoring the Distribution Companies and the Abu Dhabi Sewerage Services Company, to ensure they comply with their obligations to customers (covered in their respective Licence). These obligations include:
- A commitment to high customer standards and quality of service (as may also be described in any applicable Code of Practice)
- Not to unduly discriminate between classes of customers
- To offer a customer connection on reasonable terms
- To adhere to a procedure for handling customer complaints
- To adhere to any standards prevailing in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi to protect the environment
- To adhere to any standards prevailing in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi to protect the health and safety of the general public
- To adhere to any Code of Practice (or policy) concerning payment of bills and procedures to be adopted for disconnecting customers.